Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 no internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bp4151
Aspirant
Aspirant
All,

I have an Arlo system that has worked fine for a few years. Last week I realized the system is offline and won't connect to the internet. The internet light is not lit.

What I have done:
1) performed the installation instructions.
2) replaced the cable to the router and repeated 1 above
3) tried each router port with original and new cables and repeated 1 above each time
4) factory reset the base station and repeated 1 above
5) rebooted the wifi router and repeated 1 above
6) plugged in to the modem directly and repeated 1 above
7) performed all the steps above with a brand new out of the box replacement base station.

This leads me to believe there is a port being blocked by xfinity that is not 80 or 443, or there is something wrong with my Arlo account itself.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bp4151
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition to all the other things I tried, I moved around the cables in the router to see if it was an issue of router ports not connecting. Port 1 was lit up with my ethernet connection to my office. I moved that cable to port 2 and tried connecting the base station to port 1. No joy. 

So I finally gave up trying to plug the base station into the router directly. I took the base station up to my office, where my ethernet connection to my router port 1 is working. I plugged the base station cable into the 4 port hub in my office, and it decided to connect. After following the remaining instructions to rediscover the base station and cameras everything is fine. 

I am going to mark this as a solution, even though I consider this more a duct tape and twine kludge job. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you reset? You need to have removed all devices from Settings, My Devices. Additionally, it might be useful to hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Make sure the Internet LED changes state.

The Internet LED being off means no connection to the router. Have you rebooted the router and base, in that order?

Bp4151
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

How did you reset? You need to have removed all devices from Settings, My Devices. Additionally, it might be useful to hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Make sure the Internet LED changes state.

The Internet LED being off means no connection to the router. Have you rebooted the router and base, in that order?

@jguerdat Thank you for your reply. I tried the following.

1. Removed all devices from my account
  2. Reset until everything flashed amber
  3. Rebooted the router
  4. Rebooted the base

Still no internet. I don't think it's my router as I tried plugging the base station directly into the modem and still got no internet connection. 

Bp4151
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition to all the other things I tried, I moved around the cables in the router to see if it was an issue of router ports not connecting. Port 1 was lit up with my ethernet connection to my office. I moved that cable to port 2 and tried connecting the base station to port 1. No joy. 

So I finally gave up trying to plug the base station into the router directly. I took the base station up to my office, where my ethernet connection to my router port 1 is working. I plugged the base station cable into the 4 port hub in my office, and it decided to connect. After following the remaining instructions to rediscover the base station and cameras everything is fine. 

I am going to mark this as a solution, even though I consider this more a duct tape and twine kludge job.