Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station VMB3500 online/offline intermittently, can't sync cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rillekille7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Bought a VMB3500 but itäs driving me nuts...

The base station goes online/offline all the time and it's impossible to sync the two cameras with the base station.

I think I've tried every possible solition to get it two work.

The base station is connected to the router (Netgear Orbi RBK50) via ethernet cable (tried different cables, different ports, rebooted the router). I can see the base station as a device in the router so it's connected and have got a IP address.

The firmware in the base station is the latest available, at least the latest shown in forum thread firmware releases.

I've tried with two different accounts when setting up the base station, my old Netgear account, and also tried to create a new account during the setup. No change in behaviour.

Restarted the base station several times, factory resets multiple times.

Nothing helps.

When trying to sync the cameras, quite often the base station goes offline (amber light) but not always.

It always fails though. 😞

I'va also replaced the first unit I got (both cameras and base station) but the second units shows exactly the same symptoms as the first one.
Extremely frustrating as this should be a nobrainer to setup. 😞
I have 20+ devices connected to my network and they all works perfectly.
Have checked all the settings in the router but haven't found anything that should affect connectivity regarding Arlo. No sites or ports are blocked. Even tried to change dns settings to opendns but did not help.

Does anyone got any ideas?

Best regards

//Rickard

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you connecting the base to the router or satellite? If the latter, have you tried the router instead? 

You should be able to sync the cameras by simply briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it - and then the camera sync button. However, the Internet LED changing to amber at any point is the real problem, not the syncing. Somehow the base is losing connection to the servers. It looks like you've tried anything I would suggest so open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Rillekille7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Connecting directly to the router.

Haven't tried connecting to the satellite so will give that a try even though I'm not hopeful about it.

/Rickard