Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 camera issue

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of my camera works close to the base station , about anywhere in the living room where the base station is . When i take it outside and put it back on the bracket it just wont work . And the mounting bracket is'nt 15 ft from the base station . The other cameras are working fine , one of them being maybe 150 ft . Im figuring camera is defective. I have re-added the camera and tried everthing . Nothing works . if these things have a antenna type sensor to work the wire cams , then i'm looking toward that . Any help from tech appreciated . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep , i had a bad camera , It's on it's way for a return swap . Thanks to all the replys 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

VMB3000  , sorry for typo error

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras with a good one. If the problem stays with the location, you'll have to troubleshoot the location. You'll need trial and error to figure it out. If the issue remains with the camera you should create a trouble ticket for additional hell and maybe an RMA.

REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

That was the first thing i tried . I brought it to the closest location from the back of home to the front , which is a few feet of the base . I've tried everything i know of , it just loses the signal 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That was supposed to be "additional help" - Freudian slip??

Open a trouble ticket - sounds like you have a bum camera.

REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep , i had a bad camera , It's on it's way for a return swap . Thanks to all the replys