Having trouble with Arlo cams

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Girlpower
Follower
Follower

I'm having the same exact issue with 1 out of for cams. Along with another cam continuing to say offline after noticing a green flicker the night before and no Night vision, then suddenly offline. Despite all my efforts researched to do to solve the problem it hasn't changed a thing. Not to mention the batteries that die soo fast even with the lowest battery usage for longer life and a very controlled schedule. 4 batteries for these cams is 40 a pop, times that by 4=160.00 bucks to replace batteries? Umm. That's just about a whole new system once I change them twice. Very disappointed with Arlo, not even going to call and go through the endless answer less phone calls. The warranty is a joke on everything electronic you buy, it'll cover everything BUT what's causeing the issue (that's in fine print cause they already know now what your problems will be). Finding a different alternative to my security. I'll never buy another Arlo Netgear electronic. The higher price doesn't always mean the best quality. These cams have proved that to me for SURE!!!!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Girlpower,

It sounds like you could be experiencing an interference issue. Cameras can drop offline and drain battery quicker than expected when they struggle to maintain a connection to the base station due to interference or poor signal strength. Are you seeing this behavior on all cameras? You might consider relocating your base station as far away from other wireless devices as possible and be sure your cameras have the best WiFi signal strength.

JamesC