Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 base offline amber camera LED

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DonaldPoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo has been working since i purchased in June 2016.  Now since June of this year, my base station is offline.  I have checked the power cord, the ethernet cable and have powered it down and restarted.  Nothing helps.  I am trying to reset to factory setttings.  I have used the pen to hold the reset button for 10 seconds and now my Power light and intenet lights are green.  I used my iphone and logged in to my arlo and I can not find the New system start up button.  I tried to go to netgear.com and still cannot find it.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the base needs to be claimed. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim it. If that doesn't get things going, you may need to reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button as above. Sync your cameras. All should be working then.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DonaldPoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now what can I do?  I have tried all day to do a live chat and it just keeps saying connecting to an agent

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base shhowing? Should be the power and Internet LEDs being green. Also, you need to be on the same network as the base.

DonaldPoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power and internet are green the other one is amber

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the base needs to be claimed. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim it. If that doesn't get things going, you may need to reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button as above. Sync your cameras. All should be working then.

DonaldPoff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to thank you for your help.  It worked!!!!  Yeah.  I do have one more question if you don't mind.  One of my cameras is tinted pink in the feed.  Any ideas what is wrong?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means you have the older wireless camera and the IR filter for night vision is stuck. You can try opening and closing the battery door to see if it jogs loose. Otherwise, open a case with support here to get it replaced.