Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChuxCam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced the batteries on my Arlo camera, it went through batteries faster than my other cameras, because it picks up cars driving past the driveway 30 feet away. When I replaced the batteries I also moved the camera to a different position and angle, to try to get better coverage and limit the traffic problem. 

That failed I could not get the cameras range of motion to pick up motion more than 4 or 5 feet range in the field of view. I then moved the camera back to the original position and angle, same problem after numerous attempts I removed the camera and put another camera in place of it, but with the same results the range of motion detection is very small it does not pick up down the drive where it is angled. I have gone through the motion detection in settings that did not help. The camera is mounted 9 foot above the ground, I have checked the range of motion coming directly towards it from several different angles, I have checked the range of motion from several diffrent side to side angles all with poor results. 

Basestation VMB3000 HW Version VMB3010r2 firmware 1.8.8.0_11528 

Camera HW Version H7 firmware 1.2.10342

Thank you for any advice/direction you may be able to suggest to fix my range of motion detection problem. I have checked several post on this subject, and have not found any that helped. Batteries on both cameras are good 1 is at 79%, and the other is 92%. 

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you turned your motion sensitivity up to 100?

Try to position the camera so the movement travels across the field of view, not towards the camera

ChuxCam
Aspirant
Aspirant

steve_t wrote:

Have you turned your motion sensitivity up to 100?

Try to position the camera so the movement travels across the field of view, not towards the camera

steve_t, yes I have the sensitivity set at 100%, and I have the camera set at an angle to the drive.  the camera picks up the motion that comes from behind it , as in exampe a car or person walking out of the garage and down the drive, but not pick up the motion as coming up the drive to the garage, but on occasion will pick up a car driving past the drive 30 feet away ( that is an improvement, before it picked up every car drivng past).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions.