Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 Base Station Won't Update

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
artzr
Tutor
Tutor

The app indicated that there was an update (1.12.0.1_27940, Nov 10, 2018) available for my VMB3000 base station. When I initiated the update, the station went offline for a bit but then came back with the same message about an update being available. I tried updating 5 times on different days with no success. Today, I tried doing a factory reset and then updating (multiple times), but the result is the same — the update is not getting installed. Any advice on how to resolve this?

11 REPLIES 11
TrailBlazers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same thing on my system.  My base Hardware model is VMB3010r2.  I think it started when I updated the Arlo app to a new version.

artzr
Tutor
Tutor

My hardware model is actually VMB3010r2 too (based on the app), but it says VMB3000 on the base station's sticker.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try & reboot your modem/router & base station & test again? Updates should automatically try and push between 3-5AM Pacific time. 

artzr
Tutor
Tutor

I restarted both the router and the base station yesterday. This morning it started showing "Getting information" and is not responding.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you tried logging out and back in as well as trying a browser?

coconut68
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having a issue getting my Arlo camera system to connect to my Verizon food internet
artzr
Tutor
Tutor

After a few hours, the base station came back online with the same "Update is available" message. The three left LEDs are solid green.

artzr
Tutor
Tutor

And yes, I tried updating through the browser too.

TrailBlazers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Restart does not work. I’ve tried it several times already..
The auto nightly update actually makes it worse sometimes. Right now the problem is I can’t view live., but at least I get notifications. The nightly updates sometimes make one or more of the 3 green lights turn off or yellow. Hence, no more notifications.
Arlo, let me help you help me.
- Please show me how to view the logs. There must be a log somewhere.. I can look at the log and tell you why the update failed
- Please show me how to disable the auto nightly update
Mwagn3r
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an open support case because I can't even complete set up of my new system. They have told me on two separate occasions that they are experiencing technical difficulties with their base station registration system on these models. I wonder if it affects the updates as well? Has anyone seen a system status page where Arlo system availability is posted?
3584John
Aspirant
Aspirant