Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 Base Station Update Issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ohiodolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

All has worked well for a few years, but now I get a message saying the base station and cameras need firmware updates. First it tries to update the VMB3000 base station. The power light blinks green indicating an update is in process while the internet light blinks green indicating data is going over the internet. Then it stops and both those lights go off while the camera light stays on steady green. And I get a message on my screen that it appears the base station is not connected to the internet. My ethernet connection is verified to work fine with internet available.  Is my base station bad???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ohiodolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried rebooting several times, then tried updating firmware. Same issue every time but FINALLY it decided to complete the firmware update and all is fine now. Did absolutely nothing different, so suspect that perhaps that it may have been "on the other end".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your base first.

ohiodolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried rebooting several times, then tried updating firmware. Same issue every time but FINALLY it decided to complete the firmware update and all is fine now. Did absolutely nothing different, so suspect that perhaps that it may have been "on the other end".