Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 3000 Base station offline constantly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Evansx5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the past 8 weeks my base station has gone offline every 2-3 days. Given I travel a lot, this is hugely frustrating. Each time it happens, I follow all the helpful advice from the community - i.e. add new device/turn off-on/factory reset...you name it. Whilst it works for a few days, it ends up dropping out again. It's costing me a fortune in wasted batteries. 

All suggestions will be helpful - be that how to fix the problem or a recommendation for an alternative home security service.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing when offline? Have there been any power interruptions?

Evansx5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your response. 2 green lights (left to right) are showing. There have been no power outages - the base station 'drops out' quite randomly every 3-5 days. There is no specific pattern nor discernible cause.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lack of a green Camera LED means no cameras are connected. This can be due to 2.4GHz interference (likely near the base since all cameras appear to be affected). Try repositioning the base further from the router but also check for other devices that use the 2.4GHz band, WiFi or not.

It may be useful (but a PITA) to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Maybe something in the configuration is weird, causing the problems. Be sure to note all settings, Modes, rules and schedule before doing this to speed the rebuilding process.