VMB 3000 4 wireless cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
accountvmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had 4 cameras up and running fine for a few months.  One went offline.  Tried opening and closing battery compartment, then re-syncing camera with base station.  Won't come back online.

Internet modem, netgear router and Netgear base station are on the same shelf.

What do I try next?

3 REPLIES 3
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try going into "SETTINGS"/ "MY DEVICES" find the camera that is giving you trouble and click "DEACTIVATE". Than go back in and add it as a new device.  Another little trick, when you are syncing the camera just push and release the sync buttons on the base and camera.. Do not hold them down for any length of time. 

accountvmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing the camera worked -- after I also changed the batteries.  Batteries read full power on a battery tester, but camera is now saying the batteries need to be changed -- this is 15 minutes after I changed them.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

accountvmb wrote:

Removing the camera worked -- after I also changed the batteries.  Batteries read full power on a battery tester, but camera is now saying the batteries need to be changed -- this is 15 minutes after I changed them.

Any ideas?

thanks,

This system has always had issues with battery reporting and it seems to have become worse with the new app and firmware updates. Rechargeable batteries seem to report the worse. For me now I just wait for a battery to die as I don't trust the battery reporting.  And yes the battery reporting is radically different from browser to browser and browser to app.