Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VCM3030 (s/n 48B2537W2E7A3 – Hardware H7): impossible to synchronize after changing batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Dear ARLO Community, please help to solve a problem I am facing with one of my VCM3030 camera, after substitution of batteries: the camera is not synchronizing with base station, and not working anymore. I tried to change batteries pack with other from other camera (working regularly) but with no changes: the VCM3030 (s/n 48B2537W2E7A3 – Hardware H7) seems not reacting at all. There is no connection with base station, and the firmware not updating: showing ref. 1.3.319 (while other cameras of mine have the newer 1.4.293).

What can I do to "awake" the VCM3030 (s/n 48B2537W2E7A3 – Hardware H7)?

Thanks for kind help,

Best regards

Enzo (enzo_bertola@libero.it)

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are using correct batteries..

either oem type 123 cells OR li-ion 3.7v rechargables.

As you did, pull batteries for a min, then install correctly.

Quickly press the base station sync ( don't hold ) and then the camera sync.

20170414_074533.jpg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

As additional informtion to my previous post and according to 1st informtion received, would like to confirm I am using "right and fully charged batteries" and the right Syncr. process with the base station (button to click on it first, and onto camera immediately after). Anyhow, according to my experience, whenever changing batteries, camera is "self-synchr." with base stataion, never had to repeat the process after the very first time.

What I am noting, when installing the new batteries and closing the camera flip: no "click" coming from inside  camera, just the blu light blinking regularly for long time, as if trying to connect with base station, but with no success. Camera did not receive any hit, any shock, nothing: just batteries running flat as usual after some time of use.

Thanks for help, hope it is possible to solve.  

Kindest regards

Enzo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it sounds like a possible hardware problem, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, thanks for suggestion.

I just did it, a case has been created by ARLO support Team; hope to get reply asap.

Bye now.