Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
seattlemagpies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm an estate liquidator and have several Arlo devices that I know are linked to a deceased person's account.  The AI chatbot says I need to contact Arlo Support.  Arlo Support says I need to use the app.  The app won't connect to support unless you have a registered device.  I can't register the device because there's no way to register the device because I can't contact Arlo support.  You see where I'm going with this....

Does anyone know how to actually contact support for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master
seattlemagpies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, did full factory reset.  Unit powers and connects to the internet, but won’t show up in app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@seattlemagpies wrote:

Yes, did full factory reset.  Unit powers and connects to the internet, but won’t show up in app.

I'm tagging the mods - @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS - to see if they can help.

Note you will likely need to provide some proof of ownership.  Often accounts for deceased individuals remain active (for example to protect the home during probate).

Another path is to contact the folks who provided the equipment to you - ask them if they have the account credentials.  If they do, they should remove the equipment from the account, and then delete the account.  (If they don't, they could end up charged for subscriptions they no longer want).

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@seattlemagpies you do not need to provide it to me, but do you know the owners email address? I can create a support case but they would need that to even be able to look into it.