Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DHogle
Follower
Follower

I had the older model base station and went to upgrade to the smart base. All cameras worked just fine before hand, now nothing works. We have 1st gen cameras. Alro Q, and Arlo Pro cameras. No camera will sync up. We got the base to sync but then the cameras blink blue then go to amber. Even the Q will not sync. When we switched bases we deactivated all cameras to remove them. Now none will show up. I have tried all troubleshooting and spent 45 mins on with customer service and paid for home tech to come out to fix this and nothing has worked. PLease help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I upgraded my base stations I just took the batteries out of each camera for 30 secs, went into the add camera wizard on my phone, put the batteries in and pressed the sync button.  The app found each one fine.  Hopefully that works for you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're switching bases, you must remove the old base and all wireless cameras (the Q doesn't connect to the base so doesn't need to be removed) from Settings, My Devices. You can then sync the cameras to the base. You mention deactivating them but that doesn't describe actually removing them from your account.

ANd, as noted above, opening and closing the battery door to reset the cameras may also help.