Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade failed - Camera rejected upgrade request

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
champldb
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am using an Arlo system with the following components:

Base station Device Info:
HW Version VMB3010r2
Serial Number 4893567FA225C
Firmware 1.9.8.0_16666

Camera 1 Info:
HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71657S9C2EC
Firmware 1.2.11810

Camera 1 Info:
HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71657A9E6DB
Firmware 1.2.16720

Camera 3 Info:
HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71657A9E6DB
Firmware 1.2.16720

All three Cameras were functional 6 months ago.  The battery in Camera 1 failed a few months back and I just recently replaced the batteries.  Before replacing the batteries in Camera 1, I Removed the device (Camera 1) from the system.  I then installed Camera 1 batteries and then Added Camera 1 as a device.  The synchronization seemed to complete successfully (10 seconds of rapid blue blinking).

When viewing the screens for the cameras, the screen for Camera 1 displays: "Update your camera’s firmware now".  I followed the steps for doing a manual update on Camera 1.  As expected, the blue and orange lights toggled for a few seconds; but the screen for Camera 1 now displays: "Upgrade failed - Camera rejected upgrade request."

I tried power cycling Modem, Router (NetGear N600), Basestation and the camera and repeated the update process with the same results.  On my PC I am still able to view Camera 1, but on my tablet the display stays at: "Update your camera’s firmware now".

My internet provider is Spectrum cable.  I ran an internet speed test and saw >25Mbs download and >5Mbps upload speed; seems like enough to get a F/W download.

I have a 4th camera that I had never used.  As with Camera 1, when Added it appears to Synch OK but produces exactly the same results when attempting to update the F/W.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on getting my camera F/W updated.

Thanks,
Don

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

champldb,

You might consider a base station reboot, bring the camera close to the base station (temporarily) and allow it to sit overnight. The update should complete automatically as long as the cameras signal strength isn't poor and the batteries are fresh.

Please let me know if you continue to experience an issue.

JamesC