Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

It appears that there was a software update on 5/19 to Arlo.  Since that time, I have had 0 motion detection.  I have reset the Arlo Router, reset the connections between the cameras and router, pulled the batteries on the cameras...everything I can think off, including checking the motion settings and nothing.  It appears as though the update has bricked all my cameras/router.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The May 19 update was to the Android app, not the base or cameras. An app update has no effect on the devices.

When you say you reset the base, do you mean a power cycle, which is not a reset, or a true reset using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flashed amber? If the former, what are the LEDs showing? If the latter, you also had to delete all devices in Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to start fresh.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Also, have you tried a browser, too?
yellowraregt
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have "reset" the router using the reset button and re-synced all of my cameras.  The lights are all amber.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's your problem. If the power LED is am still, something is definitely wrong - it HAS to be green. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Hardware problems can't be solved here.