Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update killed battery monitor?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JDagz
Follower
Follower

I've had my cameras for about 4 months now, I have to say that I am happy with them. However, since the update, I've noticed that the battery indicator does not work any longer. All my cameras show their batteries are at full charge - I haven't changed them since installing them new. Was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if there will be a fix soon. 

BTW, the cameras all are updated to the newest firmware - 1.2.4941

Thanks for any help/insight in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
vin1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes since the latest update i have had the same problem with my battery indicator. Before i updated the firmware one of my 5 cameras was on its last bar and the rest where aabout 2 bars. Since the update they all now show full battery status. I tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in to re-boot them but this did not work. I am thinking of ringing arlo to try and get some answers. I have also noticed  some of the cameras take there time or dont come online and i no longer receive notifications on my i pnone, only emails. I will post Arlos response when i speak to them tomorrow. I hope they have an answer it seems to be commom that the firmware updates are causing problems.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JDagz, vin1

If you know the batteries were low already it may be worth considering to install a fresh set and then monitor the battery level from there. Please let me know if you experience any issues after installing new batteries.

vin1,

Have you checked all of your rules to make sure push notifications are still enabled? You also will want to check your iPhone settings to make sure push notifcation permission for the Arlo app is still enabled: How do I enable and disable Arlo push notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

PurerockRacing
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed this same issue recently, and just last week even though all 3 cameras show full bars on the batteries, one just recently went offline due to dead batteries.  I till install new batteries tonight and see if the monitor starts working, but the other 2 cameras still have the same issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PurerockRacing,

It sounds like you could be experiencing an issue with your cameras being offline due to not receiving the most recent camera firmware update.

For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know or feel free to private message me, I would be happy to help.

JamesC