Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
amartin101452
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have four cameras - two updated and are working fine. Two others indicate previous firmware and will not update and will not sync with base. Batteries are OK. Have tried rebooting base.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The same thing happened to me.  To correct it, I needed to resync the camera to the base station (press and release the sync button on the base, then the camera), reboot the base station, and then go to the camera settings page and re-download the new firmware.  For this operation I also moved the camera near to the base station, because apparently this is a symtpom of a failed update.  After this, I needed to reboot the base station again to remove the firmware update message.

The method to sync in the user guide is not well written.  Do not hold the button down.  Press and release.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The same thing happened to me.  To correct it, I needed to resync the camera to the base station (press and release the sync button on the base, then the camera), reboot the base station, and then go to the camera settings page and re-download the new firmware.  For this operation I also moved the camera near to the base station, because apparently this is a symtpom of a failed update.  After this, I needed to reboot the base station again to remove the firmware update message.

The method to sync in the user guide is not well written.  Do not hold the button down.  Press and release.

Good luck.

amartin101452
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, hokeysmoke.

Got all four up and running, but one has lost the video clarity it had prior to the update. But that's for another day .....