Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unreliable and mediocre quality

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
crappyarlo
Follower
Follower

The cameras go offline, the base station crashes and causes the cameras to drain their batteries in a couple of days, errors in the app. Video dropping out when connecting an Alro Pro 2 to the base station.

If I wanted to buy **bleep**, I would go to the local farm and buy manure, but this is what I ended up with, with Arlo equipment.

I am sure there are many satisfied customers out there, but I don't really get it.

The base station is online, all lights show connected, it has an IP address in the router and pingable on the local network, but have to delete it from the app, add it back in and then go to each of the cameras and re-sync them every month or so.

Added an Arlo Pro 2 to the base station for better video quality and it shows lines and full screen pixelation for about 50% of any recording.

Arlo Pro 2 recordings that last just 2 seconds and cannot play

Arlo cameras that when you click the play button about half the time, the video doesn't start playing

When the base station goes offline with camera batteries nearly full, when I get to delete the base and add it back the batteries have drained to empty, I assume due to cameras polling for a dead base station rather than just going offline and waiting for the next sync to happen. The batteries aren't cheap to replace and getting drained due to **bleep**ty software and hardware isn't great.

If the screen shuts off while adding a camera, then the camera sometimes gets added in the background and the app hangs looking for a camera. (On a Samsung Note 10 with latest Android)

All in all, these cameras are higher maintenance and more needy than the wives of orange county. Look good on the outside, but have the reliability of drug addict in a pharmaceutical factory.

Genuinely disappointed with my purchase 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support