Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unknown device showing on my system? One of my main cameras has been continuously rotating?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brenda6990
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an unknown device showing up on my system!!!!???? Also, one of my main view cameras has been continuously rotating while recording? What is this all about???  I do not feel good about this!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Brenda6990
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an unknown device showing up on my system!!!!???? Also, one of my main view cameras has been continuously rotating while recording? What is this all about??? I do not feel good about this!!! 

Brenda6990
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have disabled this camera! I am very concerned about privacy!!!!

Unknown Device.GIF

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to give us a whole lot more info on this. Maybe some screenshots/links to videos with full descriptions as well as a description of your system and how its laid out and configured.

Brenda6990
Aspirant
Aspirant

How is it possible to have an unknown device linked to my system without being synced?

The highlighted device shown below has been linked to my system.Devices.GIF

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image until approved, probably later today.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brenda6990 wrote:

How is it possible to have an unknown device linked to my system without being synced?

The highlighted device shown below has been linked to my system.Devices.GIF

Why not enable it for a bit, and take a snapshot?  It shouldn't be hard to find, once you know that it is looking at.

For the rotating one - assuming the camera is stable, you should contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Brenda6990
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have another unknown device showing up on my system! This makes two that I haven't synced with my system!

Yet, I have never received an answer on how this is possible without syncing!

The second one is capturing a view from one of my existing cameras????  

UNKNOWN 1ST.GIFUNKNOWN 2ND.GIF

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest contacting support:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx  

I think what's happening is that one of your cameras isn't reading it's serial number reliably, and the the base is therefore thinking it's a different camera (that already has a connection to the base, because it is already synced). The two off-line cameras have nearly identical serial numbers (5UY187SEDBC51 and 5EY187SEDBC51) - it seems unlikely that you'd have purchased two cameras with serial numbers that similar.  But this is just a guess.  FWIW, there is only one bit that is different between the characters U and E (0x10).

You might want to record the serial numbers of all the cameras (there should be a label inside the camera, but you might need to remove the battery to see it).  If one of them is very close to the two numbers above, it likely is the problem camera.  You can also cross-check the labels with the serial numbers in the system (which is shown as part of the device info for on-line cameras).

I guess you could try deleting the base and cameras from the account, resetting the base and the cameras, and then try adding everything back again.  But this sounds like a hardware issue, and I am thinking it will recur if you do that.

Hopefully @JamesC will see this, and follow up with you.