Unable to stream cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mreff555
Follower
Follower

I followed the quick start guide and I am unable to stream the cameras.

• I followed the syncing procedure and it appeared to have worked I can see the camera within my arlo account, change settings and under settings > camera settings I am able to snap a single frame.
  • When I try to connect, the lights on the camera turn on however, I either get a blank white screen or a message which says connection failed.
  • I specifically open ports 443 and 80.
  • I am running firefox 42

I've been hunting aound and have yet to see anyone with this problem. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can take a snapshot things are relatively correct. However, that doesn't eliminate a hardware problem. Do you have more than one camera? If so, swap them and see if the problem follows the camera. If not or if the problem is on all cameras, the problem may be the base station. Create a trouble ticket to start the process of replacement.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same problem. I can stream ok from my cell phone (Android) but from my PC, using Firefox (v43) I get the " :connection failed" message when clicking on the camera from my Arlo portal home page.

I'm running Linux Mint, might there be an OS and/or library issue?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It very well may be the OS  or flash..can u try Chrome

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Good call, it does work ok in Chrome.

Thanks for that tip!

perrysbinder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras. Four work. The 5th worked for a time then it gives unable to play error. It is 2 feet from router. Battery reads full. Tried playing it over 10 times on different days. I do not return for a week to that house. Dated Jan 3. Garrett23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since 4 of the 5 are working... I would be hesitant to suggest anything that made take the others off line at this point.

BUT... if you absolutly need that camera over the other 4 or any.. Remotely you could try to reboot the base and it may come back.  I believe it is listed in the browser prgm as RESTART  ( settings-device- bottom right side )

Morse is faster than texting!