Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nickasmith83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setting up arlo wirefree hub. Plug in no problems with power. Network connects to router no problem. Open app and hub is found no problem. Set name and timezone no problem. Setup checks for firmware update and gets error installing new firmware, setup is stopped. I’ve reset, repowered and also removed batteries from the camera and each time nothing changed. Can not set uo this device!! Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did it update overnight, which is the usual procedure? What did you do to "reset"? You can start by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It may also be worth holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber before re-claiming the base.

Nickasmith83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cant remove devices because the app will not let me add the base station to my account until firmware is updated. When i click add device it goes through all steps up to firmware update and fails at that point because firmware will not install. I have reset via reset button several times as recommended. No cameras are connected. I have let it sit powered on and connected to router with internet connection for several nights with no success to overnight auto update.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nickasmith83 wrote:
I cant remove devices because the app will not let me add the base station to my account until firmware is updated. When i click add device it goes through all steps up to firmware update and fails at that point because firmware will not install. I have reset via reset button several times as recommended. No cameras are connected. I have let it sit powered on and connected to router with internet connection for several nights with no success to overnight auto update.

I suggest contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ilion
Tutor
Tutor

I have the very same problem. Base Station has been working fine with three cameras for almost three years until it stopped recording on Saturday morning (Oct 5th). When powering on the Base Station will connect to the network, you can ping it and WiFi signal for connection to cameras comes up. However only the orange power led stays on and all other led keep off. After resetting the base (pressing reset button 30 seconds) and deleting the base from the account you can add it again as a new device, assign time zone and name and it will then try to update firmware without success.

Although I believe that this must be a software problem I have ordered a new VMB4000 since my base station is 3 years old already and will not be fixed most likely.