Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to resync 1 of 3 Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
NikoBarton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a few year old set of Arlo cameras and VMB 3000 base station.  One of my cameras showed a dead battery icon and I renewed them as I have many times over the years.  This time it was still showing up as having dead batteries.  I tried another set of new batteries with no change and then verified that the new batteries were in fact good. I then followed the Arlo troubleshooting instructions and removed the camera and tried to resync it with no success.  I searched the many threads about syncing problems and tried the various suggestions and have rebooted the router, base station, pressed the sync button for 2 secs, pressed the sync button for just an instant, synced in reverse order, etc. and have done this over multiple days.  In each case the blue led on the camera continues to flash at a regular rate long after the green sync light on the base station has returned to a steady light.  It continues to blink for at least 10mins but the camera does not sync.  The other two cameras are fine and continue to operate properly.

Are there any other tricks or is there a problem with the camera?

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly sounds like you did all... contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
NikoBarton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  These cameras are out of warranty so just wondering if tech support has any other tools or if its just time to replace the camera?

zazzafraz
Initiate
Initiate
I have the exact same issue.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NikoBarton wrote:

Thanks.  These cameras are out of warranty so just wondering if tech support has any other tools or if its just time to replace the camera?

If they are out of warranty... i would again take good batteries and attemp to resync .

If you can move the base away any more from you router that has helped others...

Use the quick push method on the base and a sec later the camera.

got nothing to loose but time ( maybe rap it on the desk that usu works for me 🙂 )

Morse is faster than texting!
NikoBarton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I tried rapping the camera progressively harder until my frustration level was fixed 🙂

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, move the base station further away from your wifi router. A blinking blue LED on the front of the camera shows the battery level is in fact OK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless I've missed something over the years, I've never seen a blinkingblue LED to mean anythingabout battery level.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

jguerdat wrote:

Unless I've missed something over the years, I've never seen a blinkingblue LED to mean anythingabout battery level.

If the LED on the front of the camera is blinking blue, the battery level is adequate. If it blinks amber every once in a while, the battery is too low and needs charging/changing

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

True enough although the blue blinking should only occur when first closing the battery door or when syncing.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

jguerdat wrote:

True enough although the blue blinking should only occur when first closing the battery door or when syncing.

Yep. It was more in reference to the OP thinking their battery was flat/dead but yes, only when you press the Sync button or first insert the batteries (and close the door for the HD)