Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi .. After moving house, our Arlo cameras haven't been used for a long time.  The password I had recorded for the system is not being accepted and the email address that was used as the 'user id' no longer exists (I changed ISP when we went to NBN).  Does anyone have any idea what I can do??  I'm trying to set up the cameras again.  Thanks .. Deb

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debmc wrote:

Hi .. After moving house, our Arlo cameras haven't been used for a long time.  The password I had recorded for the system is not being accepted and the email address that was used as the 'user id' no longer exists (I changed ISP when we went to NBN).  Does anyone have any idea what I can do??  I'm trying to set up the cameras again.  Thanks .. Deb

Try support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get any support to get my Arlo cameras running again.  We moved house and needed to change ISP, hence the email address I registered Arlo with no longer exists.  I tried logging in using the old email address and usual password, but wasn't accepted.  I went on-line here looking for a solution and found none.  I tried the 'chat' support and waited for ages for my turn, but it just dropped me out with no warning with message 'no one available, pls try again later'.  I rang the Indian call centre for assistance and spent an HOUR getting absolutely no where.  First I was told that I needed to provide proof of purchase (it was out of warranty years ago, who keeps receipts of everything they own? .. how could I know I'd one day need it to re-register).  Then when I told the service centre my old email address and other information only I could know (and after maximum frustration) they said they would help me.  I was told that a link to reset my password had been sent to my new email address (which I needed to spell 3 times over the course of the call).  I was also told that there was NO software available to run Arlo on my laptop, that I must access an external server via my browser.  Terrific.  I get off the phone .. and no email from the call centre was sent .. so I have no link to reset/create a new password to access the account created for my new email address (user id).  I remember how easy it was to set up Arlo when I brought it, I never had any problems, never needed to contact support.  NOW I CAN'T USE IT AND I CAN'T GET HELP.  I REFUSE to waste more hours trying to sort this.  I'm so angry and disappointed at the pretense of 'support' that Arlo provides and will be telling others to steer clear.

debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's an update .. I tried getting assistance from the 'chat' service yesterday, since I struggled with the accent of the operator the day before (the 'service' centre for Arlo is actually in the Phillipines) .. yesterday I was advised that the old email address was removed from my account (and associated serial number for my base station) and I should be able to log in to access the webpage to view my cameras.  Upon attempt the system stalled and remained on the login page.  I again reached out to the 'chat' support service today and was told that my old email address kept overwriting the new email address, I was advised to be physically close to my base station as the operator resolved this problem.  I suggested that my account was corrupted and should be deleted with a new one created with correct email address and serial number of my base station.  The operator refused.  After over an hour of sitting on the floor waiting for this operator to muck me around by attempting to fix the account (password has now been reset 3 times) .. got nowhere.  The Arlo cameras I have that cost me around $700 are USELESS.  There is no software available to run on laptop, there is no way I can log into a server to access.  Useless.  Anybody want some Arlo cameras going cheap?

debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another update .. I just received the following email from the Phillipines Arlo service desk:

Thank you for contacting Arlo Technical Support.

I understand that you're having trouble adding base station to your new email address. To assist you further, can I have the following information for network topology:

ISP (indicate if Cable, DSL or T1 connection)
Upload and Download speeds
Modem brand/model (MUST include model number)
Note any other APs/routers in network - (MUST include model number)
Note use of Extenders (if any) - (MUST include model number)

A reply at your earliest convenience would be much appreciated.

I advised that I have never had a problem with my ISP .. stream from netfix and kayo on a daily basis with no buffering, have never needed to use a wifi 'extender' and only use one single router to connect to broadband, which is optic fibre.

Stay tuned

debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I'm too frustrated to bother trying to make sense of any communications from the Arlo 'support' services.  Life is too short.

While Arlo cameras may be good when working ok out of the box .. as they once did for me .. if you encounter any problem, no matter how simple, you're screwed.

Being physically disabled and unable to work anymore, I can't afford to waste the $700+ that I did on a now useless Arlo system, cameras that will never work again because I'm unable to login to access them.  Such nonsense.  The support operators couldn't assist and there is no other software available .. you need to login and access their webpage.  

I spent three days trying to sort this with no success.  I give up.  -  If you are thinking of adding to .. or even just establishing an Arlo system, do so at your own peril.  There is no support if you encounter even the most basic of problems.  You will be mucked around and have HOURS of time completely wasted .. for nothing.

debmc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is excerpt of on-line chat from Thursday afternoon:

4:05:38 PM

Arlo Support

This may take a little while. I'll need to endorse your case to the Team as the device keeps on registering to your old email address. I'll requesting them to remove the Arlo base to your old email address so you can go through and successfully add your base to your new email address.

4:08:08 PM

Me

Are you able to just create a new account .. remove the existing account and I can create a new one??

4:08:56 PM

It seems to me that the old account is corrupted

4:09:16 PM

Arlo Support

I believe it's not corrupted.

4:10:10 PM

Me

How about deleting the existing corrupt account and creating a new one with correct email address and serial number of my base station?

(I'd been previously advised that the old email address had been 'disassociated' twice by other Arlo support staff.  However, the old email address (which no longer exists) keeps overwriting my current email address that I'm currently using to login successfully to this webpage.   - Late yesterday I was sent questions regarding my wifi topology .. I don't run any wifi extenders and only have one router to access internet via fibre optic.  No probs with download/upload speeds .. watch HD streaming from netflix and kayo which never buffers.)

<<<<This excerpt below from the Arlo chat support is my personal favourite:

Arlo Support

Yes, still here. Rest assured that will work when you access Arlo account.

4:04:27 PM

Just to verify, can you still open Arlo account with your old email address?

4:04:41 PM

Me

What will work? .. what can I do to access?

4:04:51 PM

No .. I can't use the old email address as my user id .. that was the beginning of the problem, if I could, I wouldn't have a problem

4:05:38 PM

It is now Saturday .. and exact same problem I first contacted Arlo about on Monday still exists.  I can not login to access webpage to view cameras .. upon attempt the system stalls on the login page and won't continue, with no error message appearing.   The Arlo support team are unable to resolve .. frustrating that not one operator tried removing the account and recreating it .. I provided serial number of base station, they know all details.  I provided details of where I purchased system, I provided details that only the owner would know.  I guess it's easier to just refuse to help by saying 'no proof of purchase'?  I'm now going to have to go through a suitcase of old paperwork and receipts in the off chance the receipt is in there .. although it would more than likely be a waste of time as it won't make any difference, just that Arlo won't be able to use 'the no proof of purchase thing' as an excuse for not being able to fix my problem.  I'd NEVER recommend Arlo to anyone, even if it came free .. the cameras don't even make good paperweights.