Unable to login to app if still logged in to web portal on PC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

This has now happened twice in the past few days. If I forget to log off of the web portal and try to login to the app I get the following message "you have been logged out because you logged in from another device" and it won't allow me to login to the app.

I don't know what's changed but in the past when you logged in from the app, and the web portal was still logged in, it would simply log off of the web portal thus allowing you to seamlessly login to the app. Note that it still does just that if you are logged in to the app and try to login to the web portal...it logs you out of the app, allowing you to log in to the web portal.

Here's the reason why this is not a good change and needs to be fixed asap...Tonight I am away from home and won't be back until tomorrow and I seem to have left the PC logged in to the web portal so now it will not allow me to login to the app until I get home tomorrow and logout from the web portal therefore rendering my cameras useless since I cannot monitor them for almost 24 hours 😖

8 REPLIES 8
bubele
Apprentice
Apprentice

The same for me, I'm just surprised that there aren't more complaints.

Streaming via a browser no longer works either.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. This is definitely new behavior - just tried it here with the same results as you.

What happens if you use a browser instead of the app at this point in time? I also just tried that and both instances are logged in simultaneously. If you have an Android device you can use the desktop version of the website to do this but apparently iOS doesn't work that way.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN please pass this on.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat 
I can login to the Arlo browser on my Android phone while still being logged in to the web portal on the PC but it's kind of a convoluted mess and all I can get is my account info screen with no way to get to the dashboard 🤔

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KachinaShadow wrote:

@jguerdat 
I can login to the Arlo browser on my Android phone while still being logged in to the web portal on the PC but it's kind of a convoluted mess and all I can get is my account info screen with no way to get to the dashboard 🤔

FWIW, Arlo should just allow multiple simultaneous logins.

If not, they should change back to the old behavior.  Not allowing you to log into your phone when you forgot to close the PC browers is clearly going to frustrate a lot of people.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@KachinaShadow wrote:

@jguerdat 

Agreed it's not optimal. Did you set the mobile browser to use the desktop version of the site? That works for me.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is working on a solution to accommodate users who want to log in simultaneously using the same log in credentials, but we don't have an ETA for when that solution will be available.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

@BrookeN 

Hi Brooke,

That will be a really nice feature whenever it's implemented but this is a separate issue of not automatically logging out of another device (in this case the web portal) when trying to login from the app...note that when logged in to the app and trying to login from the web portal it does automatically log you out of the app, which is what it used to do when logged in to the web portal and you were trying to login to the app.

I have been working with Brian in support on the other issue of not being able to view videos on the web portal (which is solved and I will post in that thread) and mentioned this issue to him and this morning received the following from him...

"It's good to hear that you're now able to view the recordings on WEB browser. As for the other issue, by default you should automatically get logout once you login on a different device. Try to restart both devices or uninstall and reinstall the app to check if the issue still persist"

I've tried what he suggested and the problem still exists so I'll let him know so that they can look into it. My thoughts are that maybe, since you mentioned that they were working on that other feature, they have done something in the process that caused this.

Paul 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

He is correct it should have logged out as soon as you logged in from a different browser.