Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Catherine81
Tutor
Tutor

I am unable to log into view my cameras anymore, just sends me back to screen that says “log back in”
Occasionally an error message will show at the top but it’s intermittent and says
(0) http status code to ‘(null)’ .
Any ideas! It’s driving me mad

91 REPLIES 91
antony1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everytime when i try to log in on my phone, he is coming back on the button login again.

(0) http status code to (null) is standing then.

for the last weeks i re installed the app reset base station everything still the same.

i have an Iphone XS maxx ios 13.6.

what can i do?

if i install on different divise problem stays the same 

ndn66
Tutor
Tutor

the temporary fix is to go into settings of your phone and turn off your VPN.   It will work fine then.   Arlo needs to come up with a fix.

antony1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes now it works, but i hope they fix it soon. need VPN.

thanks for your help!

RiJo
Tutor
Tutor
Is arlo doing some moderate work on this forum ????

Issue raised by a lot of people with a clear cause (vpn) and everybody is waiting for an fix .
It’s annoying that no communication or status is being fed back. Even that not a solution or fix isn’t announced and guess all are getting more and more annoyed with this.
md1053
Guide
Guide

Hi RiJo,

You are correct - this is so annoying. I've had a few emails from Arlo support all asking for the same information, namely operating system of my phone and the error message. Needless to say they have all that from multiple people, including me. Seems like a stall tactic.

Additionally, three times now I've tried to respond to their communications via the "Update Case" button and/or the "Submit" button after typing lengthy descriptions of my issue. Each of those three times I've received an error message having to do with server problems at Arlo's end. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. On a scale of one to ten, I give their support team a minus 9.

jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor
Have you sorted this problem yet. Appears many people have the same issue. Pointless having a camera system if we have to keep turning our mobiles on and off. Very very annoying!
dvass96
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot login Status code “null”
I have deleted the app and downloaded it again, several times. I shut my phone down and sometimes it will let me login but then the next time I look at the cameras again on my phone, it says to login and I can’t.
Pcbarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also get the null message

Wikrom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Use iPhone 11 Max with wifi and cellular, after updated to IOS13.6, the Arlo app dose not work.

Try everything, reinstall, reboots etc. the app still not work and cannot log in.

Try to cancel VPN, the app can log in but can not see the library.

This issue start since late June 2020, until now, seem Arlo Team can not solve this matter.

Rocox
Aspirant
Aspirant

i most certainly am frustrated. I have thought about taking a sledge hammer and taking hub and cameras to dust.

Rocox
Aspirant
Aspirant

turned off vpn and worked. thanks

AHB2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using an iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 13.6 and the Arlo app 2.18.1

I'm also using the McAfee VPN as standard practice.  Amazingly, if I am connected to the world through the VPN I get the (0) http status code to '(null)' error message but if I rememebr to toggle off the VPN I connect straight through with no problems, including access to the library and everything.

Thanks for the help everyone.  Problem sort of solved.  Hopefully Arlo will be able to release an update in due course which allows me to connect via my VPN.

corywagner
Guide
Guide

It works if you turn off your VPN, as was stated a while back on the thread.  This is not an appropriate long term solution, Arlo needs to address it asap.  Basically, in order to have the "security" camera to protect my physical property, I have to turn off my "security" for my virtual property (banking/CC's/identity).  A "security" company should be ashamed and rushing to fix this but I haven't heard a peep from them.  In fact, most if not all problems with their product is solved via these forums and not via their support, which should be embarrassing.  Its users basically telling the world their "security" system isn't working and that their property isn't properly protected.  I've about had it with their product, this is ridiculous.

Ksilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
What’s the solution? Seems I’m not the only one having this problem.
Ksilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Turning off VPN worked.
dpl
Guide
Guide
Yeah my gf is experiencing the same thing lately. Turning off the VPN works, but ugh... as if the Arlo app wasn't slow enough already, now there are some additional steps with the VPN.

Is Arlo working on a fix? Their software is going downhill lately.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue where you were unable to log in to the Arlo app and receiving an error should now be resolved on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.19. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19- 17th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.