Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to log in to app or online due to Service not in my country, had service for a year

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Lauren54B
Tutor
Tutor

Hey all, I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with my Wireless Arlo camera App (and/or login).

I just got off the phone with support and they were unable to help, so this is my last resort. The customer service tech had me delete the app and redownlad it (even through I tried that twice before I called and even told him that I had done it already twice). This did not work again. He then had me go to the internet and try to log in, when it did not work, he put me on hold. When he came back he told me to log on through the internet, as he wanted me to change my passwords. I told him that I was unable to sign in online as well. He cut me off and basically told me to shut up as he needed me to listen to him. (I did not blow up, get nasty, or angerly request his supervisor (basically I surprised myself)). I sat there and listened what he had to say, then told him that I could NOT sign in even from the internet as I get the same error saying "Sorry, our services are not supported in your country." He was like Oh, I understand and then told me that that no one else is having the problem (so it is not a high priority) and s

ince he could not help me he was going to raise the status to another department, gave me a reference number to use pertaining to my case and that I would have to call back in 24-48 hours if I still needed help. I am not really sure why I could not be transferred to another department to help me now, but I guess that is just how their customer service (horrible as my experience so far has been) works.

I have had 2 of my 3 my ARLO wirefree cameras (hardware H7; Firmware 1.2.16720) for about a year with the premium subscription (United States) and I added the 3rd camera about 2 months ago. I have never had any problems, until today. I recieved a notification that there was movement on my front porch. I went to log into the app to view the stream and an orange bar came across the top that said "Sorry, our services are not supported in your country" and I was unable to log in.

Since it did not work through the app, I attempted to log in through the internet on my phone. Same message and issue. My phone is the same one that I have had and it is updated to the most current IOS and the app is up to date as well (the app was working just fine two days ago). Customer support has been NO help and I am not sure what to do.. Any advice would be appreciated. Picture attached for clarity.

This is the errot that I get through the app and internet login. I have been using both for just about a year with NO problems unitl today.This is the errot that I get through the app and internet login. I have been using both for just about a year with NO problems unitl today.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you're using a VPN? Folks have reported that as an issue with Arlo. Have you tried both the app and a computer browser?

There was a recent announcement from the FBI suggesting that home/SMB routers should be rebooted and checked for up to date firmware due to possible malware. Have you tried that, even if your router isn't affected?

Joymerc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting on May 26th I began having the same error message on my IPhone and IPad, Sorry, our services are not supported in your country.  I've been using my new camera less than a month and now this error.  I did a chat with Support and had the same result, no solution.  When I asked if anyone else was experiencing this I was told No, only myself.  I have the exact same screenshot.  Help, I also need a solution.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What about if you use a browser?
Lauren54B
Tutor
Tutor
I am able to log in from the computer, just not from my app or even from the browser on my phone. However, this does not help me when I am away from home and get a notification. This problem seems to only affect me when trying to use a mobile device, which is what I have used when away from home for the past year.
Lauren54B
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the reply, I am not using a VPN. I have tried both the app and internet from my phone and I get the same result. I was able to log in using a computer’s internet browser from home. But no matter where I am at home or out and about, I am unable to log in using the app or an internet browser on my phone. I tried while connected to the internet (WiFi) and using cellular data.
My router is up-to date with firmware and I tried restarting it as well, but this problem is only effecting me when I try and use my cell phone, which is how I have always checked the feed when notified when I am away from home.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem tto possibly be an issue with your phone. Restart it and ensure you're on the latest OS version. What device and OS?

There was a suggestion in another thread to log out and then reinstall the app. Have you tried that?

Joymerc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was using VPN on both IPhone and IPad uninstalled and reinstalled.  This worked to address my issue.  Then I I began getting a connection error which was openly discussed and addressed in the forum.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lauren54B,

Are you still experiencing this error message? If so, please let us know so we can investigate further.

JamesC

Lauren54B
Tutor
Tutor
It has been 4-5 months and I still have no access from my phone on the browser or app. I still get the “no service in your country”. I used these cameras and this app for about 6 months perfectly before this happened. What is the point of them if I can’t check them when I am away from home. If this does not get fixed, I will be getting rid of this system and finding a new one by the end of this October..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat country? It may not be an Arlo problem if something is blocking access.