Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to edit and cannot view more than one camera. Also getting half screen when viewing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I just changed the batteries in 2 of my 3 Arlo cameras.  Then I was instructed that those 2 cameras needed updating to Firmware 1.3.314

Got that done.  THen I went into the mode tab and I am unable to edit anything.  I cannot open the schedule and all the rules I had made for my different cameras, seem to have disappeared as there is no way to edit!

I get very frustrated tht everytime you update, I have problems!  And then I use alot of battery power trying to figure out the problems!

Please help!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you restarted the base? Logged out and back into the app? Tried a browser?

Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I am having trouble on my desktop using Microsoft Edge.  Silly question but how do I reset the base? Will it remove all my cameras and will I have to re-enter everything all over again?  I just checked my arlo on my ipad.  All my modes are showing up there and it allows me to edit them there.  Another problem I’ve noticed...on my ipad, I cannot view all 3 cameras at the same time.  They are displayed in a large format and I have to scroll down for each, individual camera.  Is there any way to get them to display all 3 on one screen?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can restart the base using the power switch on the base, unplugging the base or by using the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base near the bottom.

You can't realign how anything is displayed on the app. Perhaps using landscape mode could help but that's it.

Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

Okay, I am at work now and logged onto my arlo acct from there.  We use Google Chrome at work.  I was able to view the modes, using Google Chrome, and I was able to edit.  In Google Chrome, I could view all 3 cameras on the same page.  However, when I went to expand the view on one of the cameras, I got only half the camera view, on the upper top of my computer screen.

So, I switched to a different browser (Mozilla Firefox) and then I was able to get a full screen view of the cameras.

Evidently, the issue with the new Arlo update, means it only works with certain browsers.

I am going to go home at lunch and switch my desktop to Mozilla Firefox and see if that corrects most of the issues I've experienced.  Still not happy that I can't view all 3 cameras at the same time on my I-Pad since I do not have a smart phone and use my I-Pad when I'm on vacation, but it is what it is!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what the problem is (video driver?) but I can't get a half screen live view using any camera on W10 using Chrome. Everything is fine.

Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

Here, at work, we are still using W7

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Tuffcookie,

Could you send over a screenshot of how your live view looks like? And what iPad are you using to use the Arlo app?