Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to complete setup Arlo camera - shows error: We are unable to claim this device

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gear_dxb
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, 

I bought this camera set last year. Havent use it for long and had to store it for sometime. Today I have tried to login - didnt work. Tried to setup as a new one - didnt work. It gives me error: We are unable to claim this device. Asking me to contact Arlo support. 

Whta could be a problem? 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the same login credentials as before?  If so, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras.  If using a different email address, you still need to remove all devices from your old account and then use the new system setup if you've never logged into Netgear/Arlo with the second email address or use the Add Device button as above.

gear_dxb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really dont remember my old login and email I used for. So I did factory reset and yet it doesnt work...still...same error

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is that Netgear still has the old account info associated with the base.  The only way to get that cleared without being able to use the old login is to open a case with support.

gear_dxb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for rely and help.

Any idea how could I raise this case? Any email address?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

gear_dxb
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks buddy