Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to adjust recording time on my Arlo Model VSM cameras since the new app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mode for turning on motion for my 10 cameras. Since the new App (downloaded about 5 days ago on my iPhone 6), I am unable to adjust the length of recording time. When I go to the screen to edit recording time for each camera, it is grayed out. What do I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Callicat,

On the web client, to save, make your adjustment to the recording length then hit the Back button. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Save".

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest thing to do is delete the APP and reinstall same to see if that fixes it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Callicat,

Are you still seeing this behavior after reinstalling the mobile app?

Are you able to change recording length when using a web browser?

Please let us know.

JamesC

Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, I deleted the app from my iphone, and downloaded again from App Store. Funny thing is when I download it I am not asked for my login info. It just opens to my equipment.

Anyway, some of the cameras allow me to adjust the record time and some don't.  This happens on both a Custom Mode, and in the Armed Mode (first mode when you go to that function.

Yes, I am able to make adjustment when I log into My Arlo on my computer -- just not on my iPhone, which is extremely important to me.

I'm considering removing the cameras that are not allowing me to adjust the record time, and then Add them back.

What do you think?

Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK - another issue.  When I reset the recording time while logged into a computer, there is no place to save my changes, and they are not holding. So, no I can't adjust the record time there either. Frustrated!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Callicat,

On the web client, to save, make your adjustment to the recording length then hit the Back button. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Save".

JamesC

Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I've got it working now. Appreciate your quick response.

Pterobyte
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I edit the recording time and hit the back button it takes me to the Mode Edit, not the Rule Edit.  The save button is on the Rule Edit page.  That was really really hard to find.  It should be using either Ajax and auto save the setting or have the save button before you leave the page. Also you should use an alert to ask the user if the really want to leave a page without saving it.  The back button is not an appropiate way to navigate a site and should never be relied upon.  My experiance is a prime example.

It works if click on the 'Edit Rule' breadcrumb to get to that page, either way this is a major UX fail !