Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Hawthornman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keeps coming up you are blocked. Have cleared cache but no good.

This has only started since trying to set up 2 step verification. Was able to do this on phone but when trying on Mac it went straight to you are blocked.

Nobody available on Arlo help "everyone's busy"

Any advice folks? Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Computers are not currently possible to be trusted under 2FA - hopefully that's coming. Define "blocked" - do you mean you get the message that a notification has been sent to your phone? You have to acknowledge that on the phone to allow the computer to connect.

Hawthornman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, I am on a 2020 Mac with the latest software. There is nowhere to go to reset this or to change anything. No point using Arlo if I can't access cameras on home computer as I have done for the last 5 years. It's a fundamental need. Have cleared cache, rebooted, redecorated you name it and all that happens is thi.Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 08.35.00.png

Hawthornman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The screenshot that appears blocked (whats the point of offering upload images if they get bloacked too>) says 

Login Denied

attempt to login was blocked

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Images have to be approved before being seen. A way around that is to use the paperclip icon under the text box rather than the icon above it.

As for blocked login, it kinda sounds like you're not getting the notification on your phone to allow the access.  Check your profile settings for 2FA. If all seems right, reboot your phone and reinstall the app. As a last effort, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Deloresprice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happened with me, I have the Arlo go camera. I finally contacted Arlo support and was told someone else was also logging into my account and had blocked me. Asked for access to my desktop. After two hours they did not find anyone accessing my account but I was charged 171.00 for them to troubleshoot, even though I had only had the Arlo go for one month. Seems like scam to charge you to troubleshoot.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Deloresprice Arlo does not charge for support. You called a scam number you may have searched for. You should call your Credit Card Company and also change your Arlo password if you gave it to them.  Arlo support information and number is at the bottom of this page. 

Hawthornman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but a  month later, a string of uninstalls and cleared cache, different browsers etc and we are still being denied access to desktops. Keeps saying desktop not recognised... any help appreciated

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Hawthronman,

If you're still having problems trying to log in through the web client on your computer, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

arlo_mdfamily
Star
Star

having the same issue; (only noticed today) - but it could've been going on for weeks (or months

Login circle_lock We don't recognize this device. We sent a push notification to <MY_DEVICE_NAME> to verify your identity. This screen will automatically disappear when verified. Notification expires in: 00:30 Try Another Verification Method

That ^^^ appears for ONE SECOND ... then immediately switches to:

"Login Denied. We're sorry, your attempt to log in was blocked. If you denied the request by accident, try logging in again."

My trusted mobile device (iphone), NEVER gets a push notification.  I've tried disabling/re-enabling push notifications, background refresh, etc.

Tried testing on both Firefox and Chrome.

The 2FA worked fine on both our mobile devices (iphone/android), although it is worth noting we marked them as "trusted", so they never prompt to login on themselves.

It seems like 2FA is broken for desktop/web logins???

I contacted live/chat support, and they escalated the case.