Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two cameras on our account, but only one of them sends me a push notification.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
joelittel
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two cameras on our account, one of which was an add on. My wife is the administrator of the account and gets push notifications from both cameras. However, I only receive push notifications from the first camera, the one that came with our kit. Both cameras record video when motion is detected, and both cameras will send me an email notification.

How do I get both cameras to send me push notifications? We've tried everything we can think of or find on the subject, but nothing has worked.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you were granted access, she needs to add the second camera to your access in Settings, Grant Access. It's not automatic.

joelittel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. We will look into that, but I thought we had granted me access because I do get the email notifications for both cameras.
joelittel
Aspirant
Aspirant

When we log into the account with her credentials we can see that I have been granted administrative rights (however her login has more options than mine does) for example, I can not see who access has been shared with for either camera.

She also reminded me that I used to get notifications from both cameras, so something has changed recently but we can not figure out what that thiing might be.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Access rights is a subset of the primary user's capabilities. There's an FAQ here that details the differences.

Email notifications aren't a function of being granted access - they're set up in the modes and rules. Someone who has never been granted access or even had the app installed will get the emails. Push notifications are different. Those are sent only to those who are either the primary user or one who has been granted access to that camera and has the app installed (and logged in).

If you have all cameras selected in your settings in Grant Access and you're not getting push notifications, make sure you're not specifically logging out. She may have to remove you from Grant Access and recreate your invitation. Of course, also be sure that push notifications are enabled for all cameras in the modes and rules.

joelittel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing myself from Grand Access and recreating the invitation solved my problem. Thanks to everyone who has helped us find the solution.