Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

Two cameras that batteries died, replaced batteries and now they won't sync with the base station. 

I tried the micro USB reset trick but the cameras still don't connect. When I plug the micro USB cable in it flashes orange for a split second, then blue, then fast blue. I press sync on the base station and on the camera. Lights blink for a while on the camera and base station, then base station goes solid. The camera goes to fast blue blink and then stops. No connection. 

Pretty fed up with this Arlo nonsense. This has not been the first time I have run into these issues. It seems if a camera goes offline for more than a few days due to dead batteries or similar they lose their connection to the base station and cannot reestablish a connection. 

It's only through the divine grace of God or luck I can get them to reconnect. I really HATE these cameras with a passion. When they work they are great. When they don't they are worthless and a waste of my time and money. 

One of these days they aren't going to work and I am going to use them as hockey pucks! So annoyed with Arlo right now I could scream!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

So, I nuked the base station and set everything up again as new. That was the only workaround I could find to get everything working again. This is entirely nonsense. If you are going to store my data in the Cloud, AWS S3 specifically, at least store all of my configuration settings there too. Then when a base station is nuked or reset it can pull down the old settings nad I don't have to waste days reprogramming schedules and the like. 

Half the people at NetGear are into the Cloud and the other half still don't get it. You are either in or you are out. Figure it out NetGear!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

Video or Arlo Base and Camera not connecting.

https://goo.gl/photos/3fj5fcdpM8X7tBiD6 

ngerasimatos
Guide
Guide

So, I nuked the base station and set everything up again as new. That was the only workaround I could find to get everything working again. This is entirely nonsense. If you are going to store my data in the Cloud, AWS S3 specifically, at least store all of my configuration settings there too. Then when a base station is nuked or reset it can pull down the old settings nad I don't have to waste days reprogramming schedules and the like. 

Half the people at NetGear are into the Cloud and the other half still don't get it. You are either in or you are out. Figure it out NetGear!