Two camera trigger, 1 senses motion, other camera records

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all. I have a 4 camera setup - 2 in the front of my house, 2 in the back of the house. I have triggers setup for the front - both cameras will turn on and record as soon as 1 of them senses motion. Same thing in the back.

I am having problems with one of my cameras in the front. Camera A will sense motion, but only Camera B will record. Both Cameras A and B SHOULD record. I will get a text alert that both A & B are recording (red dot, 2 recordings), but only Camera B will show up in my Library. The same thing happens when Camera B senses motion, only Camera B records, I get an alert from A, but A does not record.

I've tried restarting, and this helps for maybe an hour or two. Randomly, the same issue will happen again.

I have my base located about 8 feet to Camera B, and maybe 50 feet to Camera A. I cannot move my base from this location or else it will be too far for my back cameras. I have sensititivies set up to over 90 for each camera.

What gives?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick test - try swapping cameras to see if the problem is the location or the camera. Also, what's your Internet upload speed?  There's a small chance that could be an issue.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
AgroCragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all. Reading those threads didn't really help. A few things of note in my case:

1. Missing videos are both not appearing on iphone app OR PC.

2. Camera A and Camera B do not show the same field of view, they are 100% different views.

3. I checked settings, all of them have 90% motion or greater.

I will try swapping out cameras tonight, as suggested above, and see.

Thank you

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is no solution yet, there are other posts regarding this same problem.  The problem is with the new update and I believe will need to be made aware to Netgear and hopefully they will soon have a fix.

-Robert
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the latest SW  update dual cam with 1trigger ( or nested rules ) are kind of "off". Been trying to get them back the way they were but still testing combos.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hopefully Tom you can find a workaround until Netgear gets to this.  I am living currently without any triggers, though capturing most frontal views, I prefer it before where I had more of the object in view longer.

Good luck man!

-Robert