Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two camera and base station - cannot connect with either app or computer, and will not factory reset

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kalys
Follower
Follower

I've just bought this 2-camera wifi system, and I'm really having trouble connecting with the base station. Have googled and found lots of possible answers, the most likely being someone else has connected it and then returned it to store where I bought it as number two. I have then tried to factory reseting it, holding both the reset button and the sync button down at the same time. But it seems that it does not reset, not even with the reset button alone.

Help!! I need this up and working by tomorrow...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kalys wrote:

I've just bought this 2-camera wifi system, and I'm really having trouble connecting with the base station. Have googled and found lots of possible answers, the most likely being someone else has connected it and then returned it to store where I bought it as number two. I have then tried to factory reseting it, holding both the reset button and the sync button down at the same time. But it seems that it does not reset, not even with the reset button alone.

Ok... I'll give a try;

First the dual button hold for a reset of the Arlo base is out-dated... Hold in the RESET ONLY for about 10 secs till the base LEDs in front flash

Once you do this and it works, go to https://arlo.netgear.com on your PC and use the NEW SYSTEM SETUP button.

( if setting up on a iOS or Android device, you must first get the app installed, ALSO make sure the device is on the SAME NETWORK as the base )

The FIRST TWO LEFT LEDs must be green to set up the system... they are POWER-INTERNET (third will be green when a camera is sync'ed )

Set up system....  when it comes time to sync the cameras... its a QUICK push on the base sync button ( not a hold ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kalys wrote:

Ok... I'll give a try;

First the dual button hold for a reset of the Arlo base is out-dated... Hold in the RESET ONLY for about 10 secs till the base LEDs in front flash

Once you do this and it works, go to https://arlo.netgear.com on your PC and use the NEW SYSTEM SETUP button.

( if setting up on a iOS or Android device, you must first get the app installed, ALSO make sure the device is on the SAME NETWORK as the base )

The FIRST TWO LEFT LEDs must be green to set up the system... they are POWER-INTERNET (third will be green when a camera is sync'ed )

Set up system....  when it comes time to sync the cameras... its a QUICK push on the base sync button ( not a hold ).

Morse is faster than texting!