Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tried to log in with new email and password and won't detect camera. Works fine on old email.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Garey
Follower
Follower

I have tried to do this and when I log into the app with the new email and password it won't detect my cameras. When I log out and log back in using the old email the cameras are all there . How do i get my cameras on the new email? It keeps searching and not finding anything  

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you created a new account rather than changing your email address and password within the app. In this case, you'd need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices using the old account and reinstalling the system as new in the new account. Dunno if it will work with the new account having been created but use the old account, go to Settings, Profile and see if you can change the email address and password there. The presence of the new account may cause it to not work - not sure.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can grant access to the cameras to the new account from the old one.

Whether that makes sense depends on what you were trying to do when you changed the email/password.  If you want to access the cameras from multiple devices simultaneously, or if you want to set up geofencing with multiple phones, then you need one account per device..  If that's what you want, then you need to use the grant access approach.

If you just wanted to change your account credentials, then that isn't the right path.