Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Smak925224
Guide
Guide

Does anyone experiencing time stamp problem?
Example: I have some home security videos that recorded on March 20th.After I downloaded the videos into my IPhone photo library,the video’s date and time doesn’t match.It show “Today” instead of March 20th.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this as this issue should be resolved now. Make sure to download and update to the latest version of Arlo app. If you're still experiencing this problem, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the metadata embedded in the video?

Smak925224
Guide
Guide
How?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've found that all my cameras except the Q have the date embedded by just looking at the file properties. I also have MediaInfo for deeper dives.

Smak925224
Guide
Guide
Can you able to solve the problem then?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what you're asking. The date on the downloaded file may be today but the metadata doesn't change which is the point.

vh71886
Initiate
Initiate

I have this issue too. It seems to have started from the last app update. I have an iPhone XS but I also use Google Photos to automatically backup everything. In the past, I would download videos from my Arlo Baby using the app and it would automatically know when it was recorded. The photos are automatically sorted in both Apple and Google Photos to the correct date and time of recording. Recently, it has been saving the file date and time from when it was downloaded. Can you guys fix that? I'd like to be able to look back and know when the video was recorded now when I downloaded it. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Smak925224 and @vh71886,

Our development team is aware where some iOS users is seeing the wrong video date and time when downloading to their photo library and is investigating the issue. We will be sure to update the community when we have more information regarding this. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Smak925224
Guide
Guide
Thank you.Finally someone come forward with the same problem as mine and described it in a better way.Please fix this problem fast.
deletekey
Initiate
Initiate

After March 19 2019 the meta data is no longer included in the files that we download from the Arlo cloud. This prevents all of us from knowing the actual date and time that each file was created through other than manually using Epoch to translate the date  and time of each clip one at a tme.

Smak925224
Guide
Guide
Does Arlo’s tech team going to fix the time stamp on video footage?This problem has been going for 2-3 weeks now and I have not see any change!I need my videos show the accurate recording date and time after I download it to google photo.
Netsie
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same problem. When I download the videos to my library it doesn’t show the correct time and date of the video. It use to save it under the date and time the video was taken. Now It shows the date and time that I actually downloaded it on. Any news on a fix?!
Smak925224
Guide
Guide
I’ve had spoke to their tech support yesterday.And they followed up with me this morning once again.Their higher level of engineers team looking into this issue and will contact me when they find out what’s going on.
(Who knows how long its gonna be).
ACR-Arlo
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, when I download my videos to my iPhone or iPad the date that appears is the today's date, not the date the video was taken.

The date and time a video was taken is absolutely critical for many different security reasons, and the Arlo team already knows that. So, please go ahead and fix a simple thing that has been affected users for about a month already and you should had been resolved weeks ago.

Smak925224
Guide
Guide
Totally agree with you. I’ve had contact them few times and they reply the same things as they are looking into it.Its been like this since 03/19.And seem like they don’t care our feed back and don’t bother to fix it.Now these cameras no difference with baby monitors.Arlo products become a scam.
justmehk
Initiate
Initiate

Today is July 16, 2019 and I, too, am having the same problem.  Please fix this problem as part of the reason for having security cameras is to know the time and date when things were recorded.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey justmehk,

Could you let me know the time and date of the recording from your library that is not matching?

CurbAppeal
Star
Star

The videos seem to be working now but is still not working for manually taken still photos.  Downloaded a pic taken at 12:58 on iphone and it's showing as 12:00 am.  The epoch time in file name is the correct time though.  This is completely bizarre that the actual time the photo is taken isn't showing on the photo when viewing properties.  Whose going to be able to go find the file name from your phone so you can convert it when trying to talk to the cops etc. to show them what happened when.  This needs to be fixed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this as this issue should be resolved now. Make sure to download and update to the latest version of Arlo app. If you're still experiencing this problem, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.