Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The original Arlo, all 5 cameras have started recording at same time, nothing active to set them off

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RobOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras have started recording at the same time.. There is nothing visible to cause them to record.. This happens multiple times a day. Two outside and 3 inside... I put one camera in a cabinet with no light and it too records. This has only been happening over the last 7 days. Was there a firmware update? Any Idea why this would happen.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @RobOZ,

What does the recording detection indicate as? Does it say "Motion" or "Audio" detected? Try to reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @RobOZ,

What does the recording detection indicate as? Does it say "Motion" or "Audio" detected? Try to reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

RobOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  They all showed motion at the same time and recorded.   To fix I took batteries from cameras and refreshed but that didn't work. So i again took batteries out, and powered off both the Arlo router & the home wifi/router and let sit for 30 minutes and booted them up in sequence.  Once they came back up I put the batteries in the cameras.  One more reboot of the Arlo box and it seems to have taken care of the problem.  Thanks again.  Rob