Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The cameras are not recording after i changed the batteries

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
darr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed the batteries on my front door and back yard cameras,  but there are no recordings. Am I supposed to do anything else after changin the batteries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base.  If no help, remove the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Can you live view?
darr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

No there are no recordings at all.

darr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, no live view. it says getting status...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base.  If no help, remove the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

darr66,

Did power cycling the base resolve the issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

darr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, It did help. Thanks for your help!

BeachLife
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I power cycle the base from remote location without having to resync cameras ?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Yes you go into setting/base/restart.

I've done this a few times and usually goes good, but once the base station then hung and I had to use the on off switch on base to reboot again.  Since then I put a wifi smart switch between my power outlet and base station is this were to happen and I'm not here.

BeachLife
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your quick response "manfredz"! One other thing that I failed to mention and ask was if I can power cycle the base from other locations with iPad or iPhone without having to resync the cameras?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i dont have iphone or ipad but on my android phone its under settings/my devices/base.

if the base station isnt off line for hours or days it should be unnecessary to resync cams.

I've never had to but then my base station has never been off for more than 5 min.

But in the world of computers nothing is guaranteed, so to reword an old computer line:

reboot the base station if you want to or have to but never just because you can.