Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blurred or green screen on one camera

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
4mysafety
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras sometimes gives me blurred images or part of the image is green. What is wrong?

14 REPLIES 14
Ernesto1638
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be faulty equipment which would require a trouble ticket for possible RMA.  It could also be an issue with your upload speeds via your ISP.  Have you tested this to verify that you have >1Mb/sec uploads? 

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Could also be intereference from another device.

tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also seem to have this issue.  One camera, during some recording sessions, will have sections of the video where there is nothing but green screen, or the action will freeze.  My upload speed is fine and my other camera, which has to shoot through two walls and is twice as far from the base station as the one having issues, records video just fine.  The camera which has these issues is only about 10 feet away from the base and has a direct line-of-sight to the station.  This is the camera that suddenly went from 90% battery to a 25% level over night.  Since then, it has stayed at 25%.  This is all very troubling since I travel so much.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Temporarily swap the cameras around to see if the problem follows the camera or stays with the position.

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine does the same thing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And have you tired the suggestion in this thread?

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried resetting and different batteries and still shoots blurry or green screen 85% of the time.  I travel alot and makes me nervous that something made it go off but all I see is blurry or green

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have more than one camera, swap them around and see what happens.  Is the WiFi signal strength good?  Can you live view with no issues? What's your upload speed through your ISP?  You may need to open a trouble ticket for more help and a possible RMA for a defective camera.

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have switched the camera and it does the same thing no matter where I put it.  The signal strength is good  not sure of the streaming speed.  Sometimes when I do live feed it will be green or just disconnect itself 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jetgirl,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anyone figured anything out with the blurred or green screen??

Thanks

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I assume you're talking about pixelation? If so, there is a MONSTER thread on this issue that can't seem to get Netgear to own up to it. We thought the recent firmware release fixed it, but it happened at the same time of the AWS outage, and the issue can back a few days later, which leads me to believe it is their servers/datacenters causing this issue. When AWS had their outage, things magically got better, i'm thinking it load balanced us to a closer/better server/datacenter.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Pixelated-video-Arlo-Pro/td-p/1168123/jump-to/first-unread...

carrzy4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had one camera doing this, moved it until WiFi was full bars...before it was about half reception. This seemed to have fixed the Green screen issue which I assumed was from connectivity. I'm going to install a WiFi boost and see of I can run a camera in that area again.