Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NWMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Cameras set up at my lake place. As of lately one of the cameras doesnt connect and says "the request timed out".

My batteries are good. This was random at one time. 

Why is this happening?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try both the app and a browser. It may be an issue with one but not the other. You can also try restarting the base using Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button.
NWMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem on the AP and Browser. I also did the restart and now that camera says."This Arlo device is offline
Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help."

The other two cameras still work fine.

Any ideas's?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Any luck?
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. This started happening a few weeks ago. Also one of my camera's is going through batteries every few days now. Wonder if it is because of the update. I have no security when this happens. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkmail,

How is the signal strength for the affected camera? Poor battery life and inability to connect to the camera could indicate there is a wireless issue (cameras connection to the base station). Consider relocating the base and/or the camera limiting the nearby proximity of any wireless devices that potentially could be causing interference to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 cameras. 3 3030 cameras and a Arlo Pro. The 3 older cameras are the ones that are giving me the problems at night. The Pro seems fine and I dont loose connection with that one. Didn't have this problem until I got the Pro camera. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick thing to try is to remove the problem cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync them.