Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Alro Website and App are terrible UX design

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
Vaus86
Follower
Follower

Very disappointed and frustrated with the user experience (UX) that I've been dealing with between Arlo app and website. First question, why can't I manage my subscriptions within the app?

It's 2022 and I can move money around between various banking and shopping apps, but adding a $3 subscription to my plan is impossible and requires me to go to an external site? Not only that, but when you arrive at the website more roadblocks incoming! Think you should click the "My Account" tab, sign in, and manage your subscription that way? NOPE! But now that you're signed, where is the subscription part? Oh, that is under "My Arlo Dashboard" which would be far more helpful if it was just renamed "Subscription" and I hope you like signing in because here's where it gets fun! 

After signing in a second time, you then have 30 seconds to find your authentication code. What's that? Oh, it says it sends a code to your phone, but is it like other apps where it sends the code via text or email by default? Nope! It actually sends the code to the app which it just told me to leave to manage my subscription. Why does this step exist? And why is after I can finally view my subscriptions it becomes an unintuitive process to add subscriptions/manage cameras with all the clicking and dragging? But I clicked on the camera name and it isn't moving! That's because you didn't click and drag on the 3 lined icon to the right of the name that is also a common icon for a drop down menu. I guess a check box/bubble was too complicated. 

I'm very disappointed with my customer experience and the problem isn't the product. The product functions great but the service attached is terrible at best. Why didn't I get a notification that my camera trial expired? Why is it when I deactivate a broken camera and replace it with a new one you still charge me monthly for the broken one even though I removed it completely via the app? Awful service and I'll be switching to another brand once these cameras quit.

0 REPLIES 0