Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
jamesrmichael
Follower
Follower

Arlo says that Tenergy rechargeable batteries are ok.  I live in the UK, and when I tried to order Tenergy batteries I was told that they could not be shipped from the US to the UK.  I cannot find any place in the UK that will send rechargeble Tenergy batteries. What should I do? I would prefer to use rechargeable batteries if possible.

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think someone in the UK had a line to get them there... maybe they will speak up.

But if not, make sure of a few things...

1) quality cells from a known manufacturer (none of the china types )

2) a good charger made for the  same type of cells

3) cells with over-charge , over drain protection

The cells needed must be 3.7 li-ion cells and there in NO cell in this size that can produce more than 800mahr ( can't physically fit enough chems in that size to produre more power )

come to mind are

nitecore

eagletec

olight

a couple more that have been used by users

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Safety-Rules-for-Arlo-Pro-and-Arlo-Go-Rechargea...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-kind-of-batteries-does-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-c...

*** very long thread , prob all the info you'll need

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-cameras/m-p/1652#U165...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Blade3370
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am from the uk and also finding it difficult to find rechargeable batteries for my arlo... im not to worried about price.... has anyone got a link to the right batteries that will work and give good performance.
Thanks.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

amazon uk has the nitecore rechargeable among others.  I have them in one cam and they work fine

Blade3370
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks i have looked but can't seem to find the right ones that fit and a charger for them do you have a link please.
Blade3370
Aspirant
Aspirant
Perfect thanks mancredz.
cpuwizz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just spoken to Nitecore who have confirmed that they are unable to confirm if their batteries will work in the Arlo HD Cameras, however they did state that these CR123 Batteries are 4.2 Volts and not the 3.7 Volts that Arlo Mention and suggested that advice is sought from Arlo as this may damage the cameras?

Come on Netgear, offer something that we can use here over the pond in the UK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The info Nitecore gave you is correct as far as it goes.  It should be safe to use them since many others are using them with no issues - just make sure they are of the protected variety (dunno how many models they sell).

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I've been using Nitecore's in one of my 4 cams for past two months and can verify they work as well as the Tenergys.  This only after a year or longer other posters have posted that the Nitecores work.

Only reason why I would use Tenergys over Nitecores, for those who can get both, is that they are the ones certified by Netgear

dj_sa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found them available on amazon.de from Tenergy DE.

RAHULRR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

thanks do you have a link to the batteries? Have you purchased them and is it the one that is recommended by Arlo? Just sceptical as one said the other comparable brand does many varieties !!

dj_sa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've not bought it yet because I've asked Tenergy UK to sell it on Amazon UK.
dj_sa
Aspirant
Aspirant