Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tell me motion detection is it a dog or human?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nictrix
Tutor
Tutor

I don't want to have to look anymore at my videos, I'd like Arlo to start telling me, it saw a dog or a human or a car, etc.. you get the point. Is there any research and development into that area? I feel like motion detection is doing the bare minimum effort with home security/automation solutions these days.

Is there anything out there for the home at a decent price that can even do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, u might be in luck. With the release of the new Pro units, Netgear has talk about smart video down the road

Smart Motion Recognition (coming later this year) - With smart object recognition launching later this year, Arlo will use advanced machine learning algorithms in the Arlo cloud to improve how Arlo cameras capture and report events. Smart recognition analytics identify people, cars, animals and swaying trees, allowing Arlo cameras to record and alert only those events that matter. Distinguishing between people, pets and other objects, and having the ability to ignore irrelevant movements and objects, eliminates unnecessary alerts, making Arlo even smarter and allowing you to focus on what matters most.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, u might be in luck. With the release of the new Pro units, Netgear has talk about smart video down the road

Smart Motion Recognition (coming later this year) - With smart object recognition launching later this year, Arlo will use advanced machine learning algorithms in the Arlo cloud to improve how Arlo cameras capture and report events. Smart recognition analytics identify people, cars, animals and swaying trees, allowing Arlo cameras to record and alert only those events that matter. Distinguishing between people, pets and other objects, and having the ability to ignore irrelevant movements and objects, eliminates unnecessary alerts, making Arlo even smarter and allowing you to focus on what matters most.

nictrix
Tutor
Tutor

Now the real question, especially with this pattern of deploying new products is...should I buy Pro or wait until a new product comes out with that Smart Motion Detection...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't answer that question for you   🙂