Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System Constantly going offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
NickB2020
Initiate
Initiate

Hi - Does anyone else have the same issues I have with ARLO cameras. They last a few days, sometimes just a single day then fail and go ff line I constantly have to keep resetting the base station, all cameras which means a pair of ladders. I am losing patience with these cameras. Any ideas why they keep going off line for no reason ? They usually come back after a reset of the base station, but sometimes I have to power down each camera. Sometimes I have to delete them from the app and re-add the cameras. Not a very good system at all if I am honest.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NickB2020

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with your cameras going offline. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

sssse
Aspirant
Aspirant

yeppppp. same thing with me. giving up on arlo and returning the product. such a waste of money.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @sssse

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide
I have the same base with 5 cameras and I am having the same problem, I also have to do the same as you, up the ladder and get the same results! At first I thought it may be a problem with the base until I checked out the forum and found I wasn't alone. The problem seemed to have started after the app update, coincidence, maybe? Also is there another base compatible with Arlo HD cameras as the 4000 is discontinued and the 4500 is only for Pro and Pro+?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy base or hub is compatible with any camera. While the literature shows that certain bases come with certain cameras, that doesn't make them "locked" to only those cameras.

As for "offline" systems, what are the LEDs on the base showing? Are you getting recordings and alerts? What are the WiFi indicators for each camera showing for signal strength?

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat

Thank you for your response.

As I have said my problems are identical to the author of this post.

The recorded videos do not show in the library unless you reboot the phone, notifications are showing on the app.

All the three green light are on, solid. All other items attached to the router are working ok.

The base reboots on its own!

The wifi levels for all five camera are showing maximum.

With regards to additional bases, the compatibility for the 4500 states that it is only for Pro & Pro+.

Like you I also believed that nearly all the bases were compatible with all cameras although not all features would be available but the write up for the 4500 clearly says different.

dcfox1
Master
Master

With regards to additional bases, the compatibility for the 4500 states that it is only for Pro & Pro+.

Like you I also believed that nearly all the bases were compatible with all cameras although not all features would be available but the write up for the 4500 clearly says different.

@Grinch777  It is compatible with all cameras. Read it here.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

NickB2020
Initiate
Initiate

TBH I have completley given up on Arlo and gone for a wired system, much much better. No batteries to keep replacing and a system that works 24/7. DVR that keeps recordings both on a Hard disk and in the cloud and a decent APP to look at things whilst away from home. Only downside are the wires, but hey you can't have everything. My ARLO cameras etc will be on EBAY in a matter of days.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide