Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

I am trying to sync my cameras but it appears only one camera synced.  Can I sync all of my cameras at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

Currently, you can only sync one camera at a time. For more information on syncing your Arlo cameras please refer to the quick install guide that came with your system.

Be sure the batteries are inserted in the proper direction, observe the camera LED indicating powering on, press the sync button on the base station and then press the sync button on the camera. Both the camera led icon on the base station should be blinking as well as the led on the actual camera. You will know your camera has successfully synced to the base station when the camera LED blinks rapidly for 10-15 seconds.

Please let us know if you still need assistance syncing your cameras.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

Currently, you can only sync one camera at a time. For more information on syncing your Arlo cameras please refer to the quick install guide that came with your system.

Be sure the batteries are inserted in the proper direction, observe the camera LED indicating powering on, press the sync button on the base station and then press the sync button on the camera. Both the camera led icon on the base station should be blinking as well as the led on the actual camera. You will know your camera has successfully synced to the base station when the camera LED blinks rapidly for 10-15 seconds.

Please let us know if you still need assistance syncing your cameras.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR,

Arlo Team

ibuyufo
Star
Star

Yes, only one camera can be synced at one time.  Push the sync button on the base station and then the sync button on the camera.  After the blue light has stopped flashing and gone out then you can start syncing the second camera and so on.

sp57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have synced my cameras and everything is working fine, but I'm seeing one camera both online and in the app that is not apart of my system.  The camera is not active, how do I delete it from my base station?

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

sp57 wrote:

I have synced my cameras and everything is working fine, but I'm seeing one camera both online and in the app that is not apart of my system.  The camera is not active, how do I delete it from my base station?

Hello sp57,

I was a little confused on your post, but I think I get what you're wanting. You're wanting to delete a camera from your Arlo Account correct? 

frede
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no button for sync on my base unit.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When looking at the front (flat) side of the base unit, check on the right side, more or less in the middle.

Lillie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I ca only get 1 of my 2 cameras to sync, the other won't sync at all, I have been through all the trouble shooting (restarting base, removing batteries from the cameras, and swithcing back on and syncing again). How can I get both my cameras to sync and record at the same time, enabling me to put them into 2 rooms? Thank you.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Lillie,

Kindly check this article and see if it will help you sync your 2nd camera on your Arlo base station. If it still won't, let us know as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

Torydog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Like the previous contributor I can only get 1 of my 2 cameras to sync, the other won't sync at all, I have been through all the trouble shooting (restarting base, removing batteries from the cameras, and swithcing back on and syncing again).

I have also tried your article above as recommended to the previous user.

How can I get both my cameras to sync and record at the same time

Cheers

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Torydog,

If after having tried all of the above troubleshooting steps please consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of the issue. 

JamesC

happy99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wanted to have all 3 Arlo cameras record at the same time. To accomplish this I went into MODE, selected the button ARMED and used the IF and THEN statements for each camera so that three cameras would record when there was an event on just one of them. This appears to work as there were three recordings in my library at the same time based on a motion event of the one camera that would trigger the recording of all three. HOWEVER, the ARMED selection in MODE is on 24/7 meaning that evey time I go in and out of the house its recording. I do not intent to use the system that way.  I use the SCHEDULED selection in MODE and set specific times when the cameras are armed.  OK. MY QUESTION is.....When I use the SCHEDULED selection are the IF and THEN features in the ARMED selection still active or not?? I configured this yesterday and the camera recorded an event within the scheduled time frame (using the SCHEDULED selection) however only one camera (not the three synced together like in ARMED) actaully recorded. Yet within SCHEDULED in the green timeframes it say ARMED.   Bottom line are the three cameras ONLY syned together if the ARMED button is selected in MODE or should all three record together during the times the cameras are armed when the SCHEDULED button is selected and active.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's highly recommended to leave the Armed mode alone so you always have a fallback. It's entirely possible that your changes weren't really saved since there seemsvto be some protection built into that mode. You'd have to check to see if your changes are still there.

Create your own custom mode that has all the same settings you tried to incorporate before and schedule that.