Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Synching additional cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RJH100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initially I purchased a 4 camera and base station pack and the set up for these cameras went well.  I then purchased 6 additional cameras and tried to sync them with the base station (which has a capacity of 10 cameras) following the normal procedure ie pressthe sync button on the side of the base station and then pressthe sync button on the top of the camera.  The LED on the base station flashes as required but there is no signal at all from the camera.

I've tried rebooting, short and long presses etc to no avail.

Can anyone help?

RJH100

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So, I can assume your running the Premier service level which supports 10 cameras ... ?

The cameras should be reset by removing the batteries and replacing

Power button reboot the base, let it come back online ( 1-2 mins )

Then when you go to sync the cameras remember the QUICK push on the base sync button ( don't hold )... as this is the most common problem.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RJH100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac
Yes I have the 10 camera subscription but I probably should check it's operating.
I've tried what you suggested after looking at the Community Q&A but without success.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your not getting the SLOW blue flashing LED on the front of camera when you push the camera sync button, something is wrong.

Also the camera makes like a clicking noise when batteries are installed and the door closed.

Pull out the batteries and re- check the batteries for proper +/- install, OR try a new set. ( also check the contacts inside the camera )

If neither works, it sound like a bad camera and a return or Netgear Support for assitance.

Morse is faster than texting!