Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UtahJeff
Follower
Follower

I am incredibly frustrated with Arlo right now.  I've been a customer for years and now my Father and I have been FORCED to set up two-step authentication to view our cameras.  

Arlo doesn't seem to care about customer needs or want to provide human phone-based support.  The automated chat features mostly responses that it doesn't know how to answer my questions.  Arlo, at least provide humans to support your system.

Is there ANY way to talk to a person at Arlo or have a chat discussion with a real person? 

Also, when trying to enter a support post in the community area I can not find a single "label" that will work to make a new post.  Suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, two-step authentication is required to log in to your Arlo account. You can read more about it here: What is two-step verification and how do I set it up?

Are you experiencing an issue setting this up?

JamesC

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

The verify page does not send an email with code. I do not receive an email. Checked spam filter no email. I was able to change my password so my email is working correctly.  I do not have a smart phone so I cannot verify that way.

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two step verification with Arlo is a joke.  It doesn't consistently work - it has the same issue of not trusting browsers as it did 2 years ago.  It should be an option.  I follow good cyber security packages and it should be MY CHOICE if I want to have this many layers of security.  

You continue to use security as an excuse for your own shortcomings and inability to support your product.  Just as you did when you eliminated the simple record preview picture for users of Outlook.

What a joke!  

jmercer66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once or twice a week now I have to renew two-step.  PTA

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same with me.  2 different laptops - one HP one Dell both Chrome.  But, Arlo wastes my time trying to gather all this info from me.  I'm willing to help you fix your product, but in the meantime - I don't want to pay for a product that was rolled out with incomplete testing and support - just like most changes Arlo makes.  

All they need is new competition what will allow you to trade-in your Arlo equipment for a credit and they are done.