Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

So starting a few days ago our front door camera is reporting motion on our front steps continuously. Like every 3 minutes, and taking a video.

I thought it was to do with the wind, and our flag we have hung off the front of the house (right edge of the field of view).

So I cropped (zoomed in) on the area further left of the corner, completely excluding the flag. Still going off continuously.

I then played with the sensitivity settings. No different. In fact I have sensitivity now at 1%, the flag is completely out of the frame, the sun is coming from over the house (behind the camera) so not even a shadow of the flag is in view. I am listening to my notifications on my phone right now, it has triggered 5 times since I started typing.

Any ideas? Is this related to the bungled firmware update?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It prob is the Flag as you suspected....

If you crop the view, the PIR device still sees the ENTIRE field of view even tho the picture is smaller.

You can not adjust the PIR

What I do is have a custom mode with the alert off on some cameras for windy/stormy days

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

I could accept your explanation except this has only just started being an issue. I had the sensitiivity set to 80% for the last 2 years and didn't have this much of a problem. Wind is always present where we are.

I thought the system allowed one to ignore certain parts of the FOV. Is that only on the app? Or the Pro, 4K versions?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Zones only come into effect if the Pro/Pro2 are powered.... you have the original Arlo HD ( 4 batteries )?( no zones and PIR covers all FOV )

Ultra allows zones on battery

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm having a similar issue with an Ultra. It may be the exact angle of the sun as the season progresses but I've had to crank the sensitivity way down. I may need to remove and resync the camera to see if that helps.

Rob2cycles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same porblem. All cameras super sensitive to motion. Started right after the last firmware update.

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

The firmware update changed your sensitivity settings from what they were, to 80% (default). Go back into your Modes, select each rule and edit the "Detects Motion"  condition. You will be presented with the option to adjust sensitivity, I adjusted mine and it has eliminated the excessive sensitivity I was experiencing. I had missed one of the conditions when I started this thread.