Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

After updating arlo on my iPhone on November 15, 2016, I no loner get email alerts from arlo. I turned off the base station and restarted it, but still it won't send email alerts.

I  have two VMW3000 base staions to handle more cameras. The newest one was purchased on 10-23-2016, and it too stopped sending arlo alerts.

Can I delete the arlo app on my iPhone and then downlaod it again? Do I need to be near the base station to do this? I am home now and the base station is at my cabin. 

7 REPLIES 7
HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would alert me but not save any recordings - after screwing around with it for too long, I called Support. I just had to update my firmware - they told me cameras need to be 1.2.7730 and base unit 1.8.1_9169. Firmware updates only if you have a good data connection. My system is at a second home with crappy data connection. Took it home and it updated itself in 5 minutes. You may have to sync your cameras up when they are next to the base station. Sounds goofy but Support gave me that direction too. I hope this helps.
JEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no idea how to update my base station when I'm at a different location. I thought it updated it's self. My internet is slow but it works good enough. I need to just call support like you did when I get back to the cabin.

Thanks

JEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked all of my cameras and my base sation is at the firmware you said they need to be. So that isn't the problem. I do get push notifications, just not email. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Could be various things. Check your rules and verify that email notifications are enabled and has the right email address. Also, check spam folder. If no good, use a different email address to see if your current one is being blocked.
HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Check the firmware on you cameras. They need to have the correct version as well. Hope this helps.
JEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked and all cameras firmware are up to date. I did add a different email address to one of my cameras, and sure enough, I received an alert. So now I need to figure out how to unblock my arlo email alerts my provider is blocking...geesh...

JEL
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now that I changed my email address on one of my cameras. I did get an alert from that camera in my new email account. Now I need to figure out how to get my provider to unblock my arlo alert emails in my original email account.