Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Splitting up three arlo cameras from one base? I have made custom modes, but still not correct.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
agombash
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Wire Free cameras on one Arlo base.

Two cameras Breezeway and Front Porch I'd like to stay Armed, with Motion detection continuously unless I change to Disarm or turn off the camera.  The third camera, Indoor, I'd like to have on a Schedule on during working hours and bedtime with motion detection.  I have something wrong.  Kitchen stays on, Armed, continuously, not following the schedule.  I have included screen shots of my settings.  Could someone please review and tell me what I have wrong?

Thank you for any help or advise in advance!

Ann

arlo1.pngarlo2.pngarlo3.pngarlo4.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First off, you have Armed selected not the schedule. If you want it to follow the schedule, you have to make it active.

Second, you need to modify your custom modes. You need one mode with all cameras in it and another with only your outdoor cameras. Use those in your schedule:

All cameras mode - 12:00AM-5:00AM
Outdoor cameras mode - 5:01AM-8:00AM
All cameras mode - 8:01AM-4:30PM
Outdoors cameras mode - 4:31PM-10:00PM
All cameras mode - 10:01PM-11:59PM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First off, you have Armed selected not the schedule. If you want it to follow the schedule, you have to make it active.

Second, you need to modify your custom modes. You need one mode with all cameras in it and another with only your outdoor cameras. Use those in your schedule:

All cameras mode - 12:00AM-5:00AM
Outdoor cameras mode - 5:01AM-8:00AM
All cameras mode - 8:01AM-4:30PM
Outdoors cameras mode - 4:31PM-10:00PM
All cameras mode - 10:01PM-11:59PM
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's really not hard, just you have to "break" up the cameras into groups... ALL, INDOOR, OUTDOOR with custom modes for the last two

( as ARMED is all on )

When not on schedule, you still have the option to turn on ( manually ) any combo of your cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
agombash
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I make a mode with more than one camera selected? It only allows me to select one camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Reedit the mode. That way you can add as many camera rules as you need.